Nov 25 . . a Wednesday

My alarm went off at 4 a.m. as we had plans to leave between 6 a.m. and 7 a.m. and hubby was already up and in the shower.  I got very little sleep, tossing and turning all night.  I guess I am anxious about the long trip and about being together with people and what to say.

I found this screen shot on my phone and it shows it was taken at 2:22 a.m.  Yep, I did not sleep!  I was on Twitter on my phone and saw this promo and it really distrubed me that someone would use God in this way to get followers.

I could not get rolling until about 4:20 a.m. and I took a shower first and got dressed.  Then the great packing event came on in full swing.  Not only do we pack, but we like to pick up the house before we leave for extended periods of time, including emptying all the trash so it is not stinking when we get home.   Ria was so anxious as she knew we were leaving and was causing a little ruckus, especially after I put my shoes on.

We managed to leave the house around 6:45 a.m. and we headed to pick up hubby's brother first and then his sister.  We left town around 7:15 a.m. to begin our very long drive to Texas.

It went by quickly at first, mostly because we were talking and later because we were singing to music on the radio and being silly.  However, near the end of the trip, the hours seemed to go by so slowly.
Apparently I thought this was funny, so I took a photo of it while we were driving.  I was with a car full of coffee lovers.  You'll laugh at anything during a long ride.

The views were beautiful and I was thankful for good weather for travel.  The blues of the sky contrasted with the greens of the fields were gorgeous and something I could not capture on my phone camera.

At one point somewhere in Arkansas we hit road construction which brought us to a crawl for many miles.  I ended up choosing the right lane because it was going faster for about 5 miles.  Everyone was getting over due to the warning signs, but yet there were miles and miles before the lane ended.  It was a good choice as I think we got through it faster.

This was taken as we were nearing Dallas.  We were laughing at the clouds as they made a train! See the 5 clouds in a row and the front one has smoke coming out of it.  Too fun! 

We arrived at his sister's house around 5 p.m. before it got dark.  We had a nice visit for a few hours.
While we were there, Dawn had received a copy of her book and she sent me photos and a LOT of mini videos sharing with me what the book looked like.  I was so excited and grinning from ear to ear.  I just want to get my copies!  I was thankful I could see it through her though.
Here is a shot of the table of contents taken by Dawn.  I tried sharing the book with others in the family, but none seemed to care.  I keep running into that as I share my excitement with others.  No one really cares about me and what I do, but shluff it off.  It's okay, God cares and I'll continue to focus on him.

Then we drove about 45 minutes to his brother's house where we were spending the night.  It was beginning to rain during that drive.  We visited for a while before going to bed and I was exhausted.


Popular Posts