Nov 29 . . . a Sunday

Seriously.  Every day.  4 a.m.  I took a screen shot of my phone to document it.  This is not good with me having to travel all day.  I took a shower around 6 a.m. and waited for everyone else to get up and get going.  After hubby showered, we packed and loaded the car.

Since I was hiding the night before, we took just a few group photos with me as she requested them.
We lingered for a while not wanting to say our final good-byes because it would be the last time we see her alive.  There was a lot of hugging and a few tears.  She was having "good days" without throwing up while we were there, proving that the ministry of presence is good medicine, but as we were getting ready to leave, she began to have a "bad day."

Around 9 a.m. we were on the road.  We took this photo before we started from the car to send it to her to tell her she will always be in hour hearts.  I wanted to cheer her up and make our leaving easier.

We stopped at a restaurant just outside of Little Rock where their brother (passed away several years ago now) had liked to stop with them in previous trips.  It had a country store and I thought I'd be silly and selfie with this hat to send her to make her smile.  I never sent it.  Sigh.
I turned the hat around and became "nice."

We took another group photo and sent it to her.

It rained the entire ten hour drive home and passing all the truckers was a deja vu from the last time we went to Texas last year, only last year the rain was much harder and the wind was fierce.  I was stressed after a while with all the stupid drivers.  I could not get anywhere and so many trying to cut in because they could not get anywhere.  I took this photo one time when we were stuck because of an accident.  There was a lot of bad traffic, but mostly on the other side of the highway, thankfully.  I was just glad we were safe and not in an accident.

It rained and rained and it got dark around 4 p.m. and we did not arrive to our city until about 7:30 p.m.  Then we had to take his sister and brother home first.

The girls were SO happy to see us.  We unpacked and then sprawled out to take in a breather.  I drank a glass of wine to try relax.  I was SO thankful to be home.  The drive was indescribably scary.


Tammy said…
Glad you made it home safely. Hugs!!!

Popular Posts