Dec 5 . . . a Saturday

I was surprised after the exhausting and fabulous night before that I had any energy, but I woke up early and I was able to get up the devotional and the newsletter out and then I began working on the post for sharing my play with Hybrid Bible Journaling, having to take some more photos.  It took me a while to write that post.

We had plans for the day and were late getting out of the house at about 9:15 a.m.

This was the silly brother daily photo that we sent to his sister who has liver cancer.  It is the only way we can think to help make her days brighter.  Hubby was the greeter at the Help Portrait.  I may be a little prejudice, but I think he was a grand greeter.

My neighbor took this photo at the end of the event and you can see me there sitting and editing photos.  I was an editor and there were only 6 of us and then two left and so there were three others and me at the end.  It was nervous because I was not confident I could do a good job at it.  I think it was after 10 before I started my first one and it printed out okay.  There was one set where the photographer wrote on the envelope that the dark images were the in focus ones and I worked hard to make it a good photo, but then when they received it they complained, so after all that, they ended up re-shooting the photos.  I thought to myself many times that if the photographers would just do it right from the beginning, taking a little more time to shoot the photos right, even when they knew they were wrong, it would have taken us a lot let work and time.  There was another one I got where the color balance was all off and I could not correct it for nothing. I tried my best, but they ended up just making it black and white in the end.  But the photographer new the settings were off in his camera.  Sigh.  Then we were told to do minimal edits and just get them out as we were so backed up, but the person telling us was herself sitting there fixing skin blemishes.  The first photo I did I had to remove two bra straps and a scar and I knew from the beginning it was going to be a long day.

It was about 3:30 before I left and my brain was fried.  I could not do this kind of thing all day under this stress.  The count later was 139 photos printed.  So this was on the low numbers this year for attendance.  There have been as many as 500 in previous years.  I cannot imagine.  I was told several times that we were doing the hardest job, but I think it would have been easier if the photographers would have done their job.

In the end, it was all for a good cause and many needy people went home with framed professional photos.

Then I went to my friend's house and installed the DVD drive I had gotten in the mail on Friday.  At first the new drive did not work either!  Then I googled online and found some instructions and deleted two registry keys, restarted, and it worked!  Praise the Lord!  I've been over to her house trying to get this set up so many times and I'm so happy it is finally done.  We sat and chatted for a while, but I had developed such a huge headache.

It was about 7 p.m. I think when I got home and my head was debilitating having worked so hard all day that hubby went to get McDonald's.  I think partly I was hungry.  They did have food at the Help Portrait and I did eat two thin pieces of pizza, but somehow it was blah and not enough for this long day.

I was beyond ready for bed after we watched a little t.v. to wind down.


Tammy said…
That would be a lot of work!! Too bad the photographer's didn't do a more thorough job.

Popular Posts